All story: A Dragon In Cleveland
My Web page

A Dragon In Cleveland

Sunday 10 June 2012


A Dragon In Cleveland


Mrs. Rathborn was an odd teacher. She had a crooked smile and a bit of paint on the tip of her nose.
She loved to recite the ABCs frontwards and backwards and even on her head. Mrs. Rathborn felt sad it was summer, because there was no one for her to teach.
Mrs. Rathborn looked at the one letter that arrived in the mail. It came from a girl whom she taught.
The letter said;

Dear Mrs. Rathborn
Since you are a teacher and very smart. I thought you could help me. I saw a dragon, but Mom and Dad don't believe me. It is the size of Mr. Cooper's dog. It has white wings and green skin, a purple head and black eyes.
Love,Courtney


Dear Courtney
I've never seen a dragon, and I don't really believe in them. Where did you see the dragon? What is his name?
Love
Mrs. Rathborn



Dear Mrs. Rathborn,
I saw the dragon in Cleveland. Dad was too busy looking at maps and Mom was too busy driving.

"I said, "Mom and Dad! There's a dragon flying over our car!"
But Mom said "Cleveland is where no dragon would be. The dragon is in your head."

Mrs. Rathborn, how is a dragon going to fit in my head?
Love
Courtney
P.S. I don't know what his name is, I didn't ask him yet.

Dear Courtney
Your head is the perfect place for a dragon to be.
Love
Mrs. Rathborn


Dear Mrs. Rathborn,
The dragon isn't in my head, he is sleeping on my doll bed.
Love, Courtney P.S. His name is Wally, and he loves eating carrots, peanuts and marshmallows, he toasts the marshmallows himself. He is a fire breathing dragon.


Dear Courtney
I bet it's fun having a dragon around. Imagine Show and Tell when school starts! You will have the best Show and Tell in the world, (that is if he is real!).
Love
Mrs. Rathborn


Dear Mrs. Rathborn,
Wally is real.
I saw Wally at the movies, but it was too dark, and every time he'd try to say "Hi!", Mom and dad would just "Shush," him.

Wally was very sad about that. I tried to make him feel better by giving him a piece of gum, but it just got stuck in his wings, and I had to help pull it all out. He was very sad.
Love
Courtney

Dear Courtney
Give him a hug for me.
Love
Mrs. Rathborn


Dear Mrs. RathbornWally will be over himself to give you hug tomorrow, just wait.
Love
Courtney


Mrs. Rathborn waited, and even made up the dragon's favorite snacks. There was a knock at the door. Mrs. Rathborn opened the door. 
There was Courtney with a paper dragon's mask on.
Her mother was holding her hand.
"Tell her the truth," Courtney's mother said.
"I'm the dragon," Molly sighed.
She took off her mask and bowed down her head.
Mrs. Rathborn only smiled. "I have something for you, Courtney."
"What is it?" Mother asked.
Mrs. Rathborn pulled a painting off of a chair.
Guess who was in the painting?

"It's Wally!" Courtney said, with a happy laugh, as she took the painting from Mrs. Rathborn.
Suddenly, the dragon leapt from the painting, and winked at them.But of course, only Courtney and Mrs. Rathborn saw him.


The End

0 comments:

Post a Comment